Looking for a unique vacation spot? One of the best travel destinations in the US is the culturally diverse state of Louisiana. This historic state is rich with background that visitors and natives alike can easily become entranced in. Southern Louisiana native Barry Dufrene is one such inhabitant that has spent many years discovering new places to explore and learn about. Here is a list of a few things travelers should see while in this wonderful state:
- Louisiana Arts and Science Museum – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Avery Island – Avery Island, Louisiana
- The French Quarter – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Great River Road-Plantation Country – along the Great River Road following the Mississippi River
- Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve – Acadiana, Barataria Preserve, Chalmette, and The French Quarter
- Historic Natchitoches – Natchitoches
- Swam Tours – available statewide
- Steamboat Natchez – Natchez, Louisiana
- City Parks – New Orleans Botanical Garden – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Audubon Zoo – New Orleans, Louisiana
These are just a small few of the many historic and fun places to visit in Louisiana. Another noteworthy place that isn’t on the list is located in St. Mary Parish. The Cypress Manor/Mardi Gras Museum is a staged home that depicts life in Morgan City, Louisiana and the 1900s. It also includes Mardi Gras costume exhibits that are updated frequently.
Barry Dufrene is a resident of Morgan City who is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and businessman dedicated to helping the community.